At Queensland Building Solutions, our Safety Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of people employed at work, or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
People are our most important asset and their health and safety is our greatest responsibility. The public shall be given equal priority to our Workers.
The objectives of our Policy are:
- To comply with relevant State Legislation, local council requirements, codes of practice, standards and guidelines.
- Develop measurable objectives and targets which will help to eliminate workplace incidents from our activities.
- Develop a system in line with with ASNZS 4801.
How the Objectives will be achieved:
Work Health and safety will:
- Be an integral part of every managerial and supervisory decision.
- Be considered in all planning and work activities.
- Regular consultation with the work force and relevant stakeholders about decisions made regarding Work Health and safety that they may be affect by.
- Implement programs of education and learning to ensure optimum safety and environmental understanding and outcomes.
- Identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis of our work processes.
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are reported, investigated, controlled and prevention strategies implemented.
- Provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all Workers.
- Continual review of HSE system elements for compliance with current legislation and AS4801 requirements.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all workers.
- Understanding and documenting the total work process, associated HSE risks and our legal and other obligations.
QBS shall provide the time and resources necessary to implement this policy and shall develop, implement and review its objectives, targets, plans and procedures to continually improve workplace safety and health.